Now this isn’t my normal sort of post, In fact I never saw myself taking part in anything like this but I thought I would give it a shot. So you are probably wondering what the Liebster Award is. Well your guess is as good as mines. I got notified by the lovely Lucy last week to tell me that she had chosen me to take part in it. As far as I’m aware it’s a way to show your followers some newbies. The fresh meat if you will. It’s a chance to share your favourite relatively unknown bloggers with other bloggers in the community.
Apparently there are a few rules to this “Liebster Award”.
- Link the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Nominate up to 11 blogs with under 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for those blogs to answer
- Notify those bloggers via their blogs/social media
Lets get to the questions I received from Lucy then.-
1. What are the three most important things you have learnt from blogging?
Your ideas are never original; somebody somewhere has already done it and probably done it better. Don’t let this discourage you though, you can make these posts into your own and make it something you enjoyed creating.
Write for yourself. I’ve seen before people saying “don’t write about yourself it’s not interesting” and I couldn’t disagree more. You should write about you and what you enjoy, after all you know yourself better than everything else. If you are writing something you wouldn’t enjoy reading or even bat an eyelid at you are doing it wrong.
Edit. You are never going to be able to write a masterpiece first try, it’s going to take some refining. Take time to go over your posts, change the layout and sentence structure. Get somebody to proof read it, by just taking that extra bit of time you can change a mediocre post into something really worth reading.
2.What is your favourite music album at the moment?
This is a really annoying question because I rarely listen to whole albums anymore. Mostly just the odd track here and there. I just had a glance down my Spotify though and the album I see that I have favourited most tracks on is Odesza // In Return. It’s such an incredible album I would highly recommend it. There is not a bad song on the album and i could honestly listen to it on repeat and never get bored of it.
3. Who is your favourite blogger?
Without a doubt it has to be Forrest Mankins, Such an incredible blogger documenting his travels across America. Even though he’s only been traveling just over a month he is such an inspiration of mine. His incredibly photography and his willingness to just be out there, packing up and leaving is something I always aspire to do.
4. What is the meaning behind your blog name?
Well it actually comes from my old username for everything “thatandrewcunt” as I got older I just realised how stupid it was so I shortened it down. The way I say it in my head is that-m-c-k like you are saying the letters. Pretty short and sweet and i like it.
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go and why?
Right now I’d love to go to either South Africa or Canada. The dream places to go and explore. I’ve no idea what has drawn me to either but they are just incredibly beautiful in their own ways, two incredible diverse places on either end of the spectrum. I just have this passion and this urge to see them with my own eyes. Take it all in and feel alive.
I might have broken the rules a little bit and only answered a few of the questions but I felt as though I was rabbiting on a bit too much and nobody really wants to read that. I would like to thank Lucy again for nominating me to do this, it’s been a pleasure.
1. What made you want to blog?
2. What is your favourite thing to write about?
3. What inspires you the most / What inspires you to write?
4. Do you have a specific though process when writing a new post?
5. Are you saving for anything at the moment and if so what?
6. What is the meaning behind your blog name?
7. What are the three most important things you have learnt from blogging?
8. What is your biggest regret?
9. Who is your favourite musician/band and why?
10. Where do you you see yourself in the next year?
11. Do you have any trips planned for later in the year?